WELCOME TO FOSciTech 2018
2018 International Conference on Food Science and Technology (FOSciTech) will be held on November 14-15, 2018 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. This conference is hosted by Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta The conference aims to:
- Formulate the direction and strategy of transformative engineering towards the strengthening of national food sovereignty based on local wisdom, in the field of technology, socio-culture, and political-economy.
- Encourage the dissemination of mindset, research, and revitalization of local wisdom in strengthening national food sovereignty.
- The recommendation of the direction and policy of socio-economic transformation towards the strengthening of national food sovereignty based on local wisdom in the form of proceedings indexed by Scopus.
- Disseminating the mindset, research, and movement of local wisdom revitalization in strengthening national food sovereignty.
The theme for this conference is
“TOWARDS FOOD SECURITY AND SOVEREIGNTY BASED ON SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE AND LOCAL WISDOM”
All papers presented at this conference (provided meeting all editorial requirements) will be published in the following Scopus indexed journals :
|Profesor Ben White, PhD
|“Socio-Cultural Intervention to Improve Local Food Consumption”|
|Prof. Dr. Son Radu
(University Putra Malaysia/UPM and IFRJ Editor)
|Prof. Dr. Ir. Rindit Pambayun, MP
|Prof. Dr. Van Viet Man LE (*TBA)
(Ho Chi Minh University of Technology-Vietnam)
|Assoc. Prof. Vanee Chonherchob, PhD (*TBA)
|Prof. Dr. Mochammad Maksum Machfoedz, MP (*TBA)
(Gadjah Mada University-Indonesia)
Scope and Topics
2018 International Conference on Food Science and Technology (FOSciTech), Topics of interest for presentation in FOSciTech include, but not limited to:
- Sustainable Agriculture: organic farming, multiple cropping, agroecology, nature conservation, preserved natural resources.
- Food Quality, Safety, and Policy: food diversification, food control, food safety system management, availability and adequacy of energy, protein, and micronutrients, food standard and nutrition policies.
- Food Availability: food supply, food processing and preservation, functional food, production, import, and food reserves, agricultural infrastructure, loss of food, storage of agricultural products, industrial revolution strengthening of food field.
- Food Access: economic access, physical, social and education, credit for farmers, food safety networking programs, agricultural import price.
- Food Utilization: food and nutrition consumption, sanitation and water availability, health services, education level of housewives, communication and nutrition counseling, food and health.
- Food Sovereignty: local food policy and development, food marketing, food system policy: land, production, distribution, and farmer institutions.
Authors with papers accepted for presentation at FOSciTech 2018 will be published in the open access IOP Conference Series published by IOP Publishing (Indexed by Scopus).
Authors may be interested to know that IOP Conference Series now receives in excess of 2.3 million article downloads per year, and is abstracted and indexed in Scopus, Compendex and Inspec, among others. Citations are tracked online using IOP Publishing’s citing articles facility in addition to the full citation tracking facilities provided by Scopus.
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING FULL PAPER
The full paper is following the template from Institute Of Physics (IOP)
Templates and guidelines
- Please follow these essential guidelines when preparing your paper:
Guidelines for Authors
- Authors must prepare their papers using our Microsoft Word or LaTeX2e templates, and then convert these to PDF format for submission:
Microsoft Word templates
LaTeX2e class file
- If you would like to submit multimedia to accompany your paper, you might find these guidelines useful:
When preparing your paper please check that:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- The text is single-spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via Cross Ref if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proofread is conducted to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
Upload Camera-Ready Manuscript / Final Version
If your contribution was accepted, you usually get the option to submit a final version of your contribution. Please consider the review results from the experts for that version (see image 3). The final version has to be “camera ready”, i.e. it must use the conference template and follow the submission guidelines otherwise it will not be published in the proceedings.
You will also upload the final version of your contribution. Further details will be provided by the conference chairs
Authors wishing to include figures, tables, or text passages that have already been published elsewhere are required to obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) for both the print and online format and to include evidence that such permission has been granted when submitting their papers. Any material received without such evidence will be assumed to originate from the authors.
Carefully read the submission guidelines as follows:
- Paper should be written in English.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- The length of submitted paper is at least 4 pages and no more than 6 pages.
- Use a reference management tools such as Zotero, Mendeley, or EndNote to manage.
- Ensuring the paper conform to standard of IOP manuscript template for conference proceedings, please download the IOP Manuscript Template for Conference Proceedings.
- You need to log in to submit your paper, which requires you to be registered.
- Supplementary files such as graphs, pictures, images, or video and audio files can be included to FOSciTech’s Server if necessary.
- An abstract is required for a paper submission by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can upload a revised version, if requested by Editor.
Please contact info at “Contact” for the problems.
(September 3, 2018)
(Up to October 30, 2018)
- Registartion fee included :
- Seminar Kits
- Access to all sessions in FOSCITECH 2018 including: Plenary Sessions, Conference Track Presentations, Conference Dinner: Awards and Information Exchange
- Coffee Breaks, lunches, Dinner, and Conference proceeding (CD/USB).
- Registration fee does not include accommodation
- The Payment is non-refundable
- Payment must be made in full amount
- Additional papers are allowed with 60% charge of the registration fee under the same 1st author
AUDITORIUM KAMPUS III
UNIVERSITAS MERCU BUANA YOGYAKARTA
Address : Jl. Ring Road Utara, Depok, Sleman, Yogyakarta Indonesia
Phone : +62 0274-2801918
Fax : +62 0274-6498213
Email : email@example.com